Merry birthday to me! I hope all my little bits of confetti littering the streets are OK?
I’ve been trying to settle on a creative project which is purely for fun for a while now, and finally my friend Steve and I have settled on DADAkitten. I can only explain it as ‘imagine if David Lynch did comedy sketches. Sort of. Not quite, but a bit. Also Welcome To Night Vale.’ Follow our channel for more delights and daftness.
Anyway here are a couple of mine, from a series called The Drama Farmer which relates YouTube drama on people who don’t exist:
And here’s my favourite one of Steve’s:
A friend of mine played me a podcast (oh, those things of the future) yesterday which I knew I had to share.
Ostensibly a town community radio broadcast, this is an imaginary desert town that seems to have more in common with Twin Peaks and background music reminiscent of Chris Morris’ Blue Jam. The weather report is a song by an independent artist which has apparently included Tom Waits.
Created by Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor, voiced by Cecil Baldwin and published by Commonplace Books, this is a slice of weird I urge you to join.
First here’s the link to listen to them all: http://commonplacebooks.com/welcome-to-night-vale/
And here is an audio clip of the pilot episode I found on youtube:
There are a number of questions bothering me at this time.If anyone else has questions bothering them in the same areas, or even different areas (except privates related), feel free to share.
1. What’s a good price to pay an editor once your book is finished?
2. Do you just hand them the whole thing in one go when you’ve done all your own editing?
3. How many pages is a graphic novel meant to have?
4. How many panels to a page?
5. Can you just send scripts to agents/publishers?
6. Where is my lip balm?
7. Why did Chris Morris phone the police when he found me waiting in his room? All I said was, ‘your brain is sexy, can I lick it?’