Although based in Colchester, Essex (come to the Slack Space gallery and learn audio production if you’re in the area) Frequency Theatre are looking for scripts from all across the UK. Visit their website here to learn more. Plus here’s what they say to those with a script or thinking of writing one:
“Frequency Theatre puts new, engaging stories at the heart of our work. We want new plays by writers of all ages and levels of experience. We are looking for a refreshing voice, with a play delivered with verve and/ or wit. Plays that we’ll take notice of will utilise the medium, focusing on building atmosphere through the relationship of dialogue, sound effects and silence.
Plays should be 10 to 15 minutes long, as a guide this is between 1800 – 2700 words. Only plays around this length will be considered.
- All plays should be in English.
- Plays should ideally be written using the standard BBC Radio Format. For guidance this can be found at BBC Writersroom.
- Plays should be submitted in Word formats only.
- Only plays written for radio will be considered. Screenplays or play texts will be rejected.
- Plays should be complete, self contained works.
- Plays can be written by more than one writer.
- Previously submitted plays will not be considered, only new drafts that we request will be read.
- We are unable to enter into feedback with unsuccessful writers.
- Copies will only be available following the broadcast.
- All successful writers will be notified in advance of broadcast.
- Writers retain copyright in respect of their script. Frequency Theatre retains ownership of copyright for all recorded works produced under the name Frequency Theatre Podcast. All recorded works may be edited for any reason including broadcast or promotional purposes.
If you have a script you would like to send to us, please email it to Rich Chilver at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to reading your work.”
Good luck Pumpkins!